June 29, 2017
Through a new insurance program, members of the American Public Power Association may secure protection from the financial harm caused by cyber attacks such as the recent “WannaCry” and “NotPetya” ransomware attacks.
Hometown Connections and Wortham Power Gen Insurance offer a “cradle-to-grave” Cyber Liability Program for Public Power. The program is designed specifically for public power, reduces costs by combining the purchasing power of public power utilities, includes risk mitigation guidance, and is available to the municipality as well as its utility departments.
The Public Power Cyber Liability Program includes the following post data breach services:
- Toll-free number (24/7) to report incident
- Claims Management–Process management including appointing specialists
- Legal Services–Help to investigate & respond to breach Incidents
- Computer Forensic Services–Assessment of breach impact and the “how and when”
- Notification/Call Center Services–Instructions for reaction response, notification & call center.
- Fraud Resolution Services–Credit/ID theft monitoring & remediation
- Public Relations and Crisis Management Services–PR consultation
Click HERE for insurance pricing information and an application.
Click HERE for a free cyber risk evaluation and report.
For more information, contact: