Our Partner for Load Growth Consulting
With Sagewell’s assistance, public power utilities can increase their revenues and margins, reduce electric rates, reduce costs, and save carbon all at the same time.
- Utilities collect billions of smart meter data points but most are unable to quickly access the data or to perform meaningful analysis. With exceptional scalability and performance, the industrial grade SageSightSM analytics platform unlocks the enormous value that lies within the data utilities already possess.
- Sagewell provides unique insights into customers, where utility margins are earned and lost, and what actions and technologies can drive growth through beneficial electrification.
- With a successful track record in public power, Sagewell shows utilities and joint action agencies how to achieve growth through evidence-based high-impact growth electrification programs.
- While its focus is on heat pumps and EVs, Sagewell can analyze any end-use technology.
- With recommendations based on actual energy and capacity costs plus real-world AMI meter data, Sagewell delivers significantly more accurate results than standardized models and assumed load shapes.
- Rapid searches of petabytes of smart meter and other data.
- Dynamic querying means real-time data rather than canned over-night reports.
- Interactive dashboards makes data accessible to all utility personnel rather than to database specialists only.
Sagewell analysts look deeply at a variety of key customer metrics:
- Utility competitive position: electric rates vs. competing fuels
- Customer value proposition
- Available products (e.g. heat pumps and EVs) & sales capacity
- Available marketing channels and partners
- Margin analysis
- Lifetime value of customer by customer type and technology
- Cost of customer acquisition analysis
Load Growth Consulting News
Register for 4 webinars taught by Sagewell, Hometown's strategic electrification partner.
Just a 5% increase in off-peak sales could double a public power utility’s income.
Sagewell designs and implements electrification programs that improve utility bottom lines.