Your Partner for Customer Service Training
Integrated consulting services based on public power best practices, including strategic planning, leadership training for staff, leadership development for boards, and organization check ups.
Hometown Connections gives governing officials and employees of community-owned utilities vital information on creating a culture of customer service excellence across the enterprise.
- Define the basic requirements for offering good service to utility customers
- List the hallmarks of excellent customer service
- Describe what today’s customers expect and strategies for understanding their opinions and preferences
- Accurately identify the components of a utility’s customer service operation, including call centers, customer service offices, and web access to account info
- Identify how to build your policies and operations around the needs and preferences of your customers
- Identify components of evolving leadership
- Understand importance of personal values and their impact at work
- List strategies for managing and planning for change
- Identify strategies to create a world-class customer service function
Delivered in person and via web conference formats, Hometown Connections organizes its customer service training and education services around these core areas.
- What is good customer service?
- How to segment customers into categories and identify their specific requirements
- Changing demographics of utility workforce and customers
- Utility customer expectations – today and tomorrow
- The seven hallmarks of utility customer service
- Building customer service around your customers
- Operating with the customer’s needs in mind when building policies and operations
- How to create a culture of customer service
- Differences between good and bad leaders, and between leaders and managers
- Components of Evolving Leadership:
- Leading yourself: Identifying personal values, understanding personality styles, personality styles and impact at work, introduction to emotional intelligence, importance of self-awareness, what is self-management, finding motivation, and the importance of empathy
- Leading others: Emotional intelligence as a component of leadership development and leading others, managing conflict and change, and important leadership skills