Our Partner for Regulatory Compliance
All bulk power system owners, operators, and users must comply with NERC-approved reliability standards. NIST’s cybersecurity and privacy activities strengthen the security of today’s digital environment. For utilities committed to delivering reliable electric service, securing their data networks, and avoiding penalties, non-compliance with NERC and NIST standards is not an option. But it takes many staff hours and particular expertise to develop the practices and documentation to meet these compliance obligations and to reduce the utility’s exposure to risk.
The professionals at AESI-US, Inc. make compliance far more efficient and beneficial by reviewing and updating a utility’s policies, guidelines, and procedures.
AESI offers public power utilities vast knowledge of regulatory compliance best practices and project management tools garnered through active involvement with client projects, participation in industry standards groups, and practical, hands-on utility experience.
AESI identifies risks and closes gaps in policies & procedures while reducing your compliance burden by providing a variety of support services:
- Gap assessments and recommendations
- Regulatory compliance program design
- Documentation of policies, plans & procedures
- Mock audits & witness preparation
- Cyber Vulnerability Assessments (CVAs)
- Compliance management tools
AESI assumes the role of a Virtual Auditor and Subject Matter Expert to identify compliance risks or deficiencies in several ways.
- Interpreting regulatory requirements
- Creating or updating Regulatory Compliance Program (RCP) policies, procedures and plans
- Responding to requests from regulatory bodies
- Creating and implementing risk mitigation plans
- Advising on cyber & physical security
- Providing audit support as needed
Having worked with utilities of all sizes and structures, AESI personnel provide insights and methods to achieve practical and sustainable implementation of NERC CIP, NERC O&P, NIST Cyber Security and Privacy requirements.
Lower your risk profile and raise your comfort level by letting AESI lead and manage your compliance program activities. AESI can be your Virtual Compliance Manager to perform and administer numerous tasks including but not limited to:
- Regulatory requirement changes
- Compliance program updates
- Internal compliance monitoring & assurance
- Requirement implementation
- Training development and delivery
- Responses to regulatory bodies
- And more!