Operations Technology Engineering & Regulatory Compliance Solutions
Maximize the return on your operations technology investments and optimize your operations by drawing on AESI’s depth of technical knowledge and breadth of real-world utility experience in the Operational Technology (OT) arena.
AESI can help you manage, integrate, and optimize your entire IT/OT ecosystem including SCADA, EMS, ADMS, DERMS, AMI, GIS, OMS, data historians, situational awareness, telecommunications, field equipment such as RTUs and PLCs, etc. as well as the surrounding infrastructure such as control rooms and data centers.
As the OT engineering consulting and cybersecurity partner of Hometown Connections, AESI provides practical, cost-effective technology design and regulatory compliance services tailored to meet your utility’s needs.
Our Partner for OT Engineering & Regulatory Compliance
Operations Technology Engineering
OT solutions are big ticket items for every organization. Yet the personnel of community-owned utilities often lack the experience and resources to determine which of today’s OT solutions to purchase and how to ensure their successful design and deployment. AESI takes the time to understand your utility’s unique requirements, mitigate risks, and evaluate solution(s) through the lens of providing “Total Ecosystem and System Development Lifecycle Support.”
Serving as an extension of your team, with a scheduled project or on an ad-hoc basis, AESI SMEs can help bridge gaps in staffing or provide the added reassurance that changes, updates, new installations, or the marrying of legacy hardware and appropriately configured software.
For utilities committed to delivering reliable electric service, securing their data networks, and avoiding penalties, non-compliance with NERC, NIST and Privacy standards is not an option. It takes many staff hours and particular expertise to develop the practices and documentation to meet the utility’s compliance obligations and to reduce the utility’s exposure to risk. The professionals at AESI-US, Inc. make compliance far more efficient and beneficial by reviewing and updating a utility’s policies, guidelines, and procedures.
Operations Technology Engineering
OT Assessments & Analysis
Any successful project begins with a thorough understanding of your environment and the problems or needs you are trying to address. AESI offers a wide range of services for assessing your current environment, systems, and processes, developing needs/requirements documents and performing feasibility studies and cost/benefit analysis.
- Gap Analysis & Needs Assessment
- Feasibility Studies & Cost/Benefit Analysis
OT Lifecycle Advisory & Management Services
AESI works hand-in-hand with your team throughout all stages of the system implementation lifecycle, solving operational challenges, providing expert opinions, and transferring relevant knowledge and insights distilled from our cumulative project experiences to your staff. While AESI has extensive experience with a wide variety of operational systems from several popular vendors, AESI remains product and vendor neutral and strives to ensure that each solution meets your specific business and operational needs.
- Architecture & System Design
- IT/OT Communication/Network Design
- Broadband Operational Support System (OSS) Design
- OT Control Room Design
- Implementation Planning & Application Support
System Implementation & IT/OT Convergence
Whether you are deciding to buy a new system or upgrade and enhance an existing one, AESI’s IT/OT attention focuses on integration, communication, interoperability, end-user satisfaction, and customer-driven input.
- System/Solution Implementation
- Full Stack Service (Physical or Virtual)
- Network Configuration & Segmentation
- Database Conversion
- Data Historian Implementation
- System Integration Services
- Software Development
- Start-up/Cut-over Management
Sustainment & Maintenance
As a trusted partner, AESI scales its lifecycle support, monitoring and remediation services to cost-effectively assist with protecting and ensuring reliable operations of your most critical assets.
- Lifecycle Support (Periodic Assessments)
- Patch & Upgrades Management
- Database/Display Updating & Building
- System Monitoring, Tuning and Expansion Support
Download this catalog which includes OT engineering and regulatory compliance training services from AESI. For more information, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
AESI identifies risks and closes gaps in policies & procedures while reducing your compliance burden by providing a variety of support services:
- Gap assessments and recommendations
- Regulatory compliance program design
- Documentation of policies, plans & procedures
- Mock audits & witness preparation
- Cyber Vulnerability Assessments (CVAs)
- Compliance management tools
AESI assumes the role of a Virtual Auditor and Subject Matter Expert to identify compliance risks or deficiencies in several ways.
- Interpreting regulatory requirements
- Creating or updating Regulatory Compliance Program (RCP) policies, procedures and plans
- Responding to requests from regulatory bodies
- Creating and implementing risk mitigation plans
- Advising on cyber & physical security
- Providing audit support as needed
Having worked with utilities of all sizes and structures, AESI personnel provide insights and methods to achieve practical and sustainable implementation of NERC CIP, NERC O&P, NIST Cyber Security and Privacy requirements.
Managed Compliance Services
Lower your risk profile and raise your comfort level by letting AESI lead and manage your compliance program activities. AESI can be your Virtual Compliance Manager to perform and administer numerous tasks including but not limited to:
- Regulatory requirement changes
- Compliance program updates
- Internal compliance monitoring & assurance
- Requirement implementation
- Training development and delivery
- Responses to regulatory bodies
- And more!
For information on the training services from AESI, send an email to email@example.com.
OT Engineering & Regulatory Compliance Management News
In Cybersecurity, Simple Things Do A Lot
Hometown Connections assessment helps small utility staff create culture of cyber vigilance.
Cybersecurity Is Easier Than You Think
Follow the Action Plan for community-owned utilities and municipalities.
Webinar Series on The True Costs of Cyber Crime: Cyber Risk Management for Public Power
Two webinars on cyber threat landscape, cost modeling, case studies, and action plans.