Our Partner for Billing and Collections
Cogsdale’s comprehensive software applications, implementation services, and outstanding support provide a broad array of benefits
- Improvement of operations through streamlining of asset management and work
- Real-time access to information that bridges the gap between the finance, engineering, field, and customer care departments
- Visibility over inventory and assets, combined with tight controls on project accounting, project time and expense, job costing, and procurement ensures resources
- Effective management of project life cycles, to complete projects on time and on budget
- Interface with existing GIS environment provides a powerful view into infrastructure.
- Field technicians view and enter real-time information on mobile devices, are aware of their next task and the tools they need to complete it successfully
- Dispatchers send work requests and view current status in real-time.
- Elimination of manual HR procedures increases efficiency of teams and significantly reduces the costs associated with acquiring staff and administering their employment
- Customers have easy access to account data on the web, reducing paper and mailing costs, call volumes, and utility resources.
- Employees have easy access to the data needed to make informed decisions financial statements, Excel-based reports, dashboards or charts and graphs.
- Real-time, cost effective integrations with other applications.
- No duplicate data entry, batch file transfers, complex customizations, or other workarounds due to system integration capabilities
- Cloud-based option for leaving administration of all hardware and software components, as well as security, to a trusted partner
The Cogsdale suite includes a broad array of utility information system applications.
Cogsdale can bill any number of services including electric, water, wastewater, storm water, sewer, gas, refuse, Internet, telephone and cable. Cogsdale is an “open item system” with all transactional details maintained for payment and review. The CSM allows for flexible rates, unlimited routes, and a number of billing plans:
- Budget Billing
- Levelized Billing
- Electronic Meter Reading
- Service Orders
Flexible configuration options for the general ledger allows users to share data such as the chart of accounts or gain insight and reduce data entry errors by using unlimited financial dimensions, and advanced account structures and rules. Microsoft Dynamics GP features include:
- Cash Flow Management
- Accounts Payable
- Accounts Receivable
- Encumbrance Management
- Fixed Asset Management
- General Ledger
- Job Costing
Cogsdale WAM provides visibility over inventory and assets, combined with tight controls on project accounting, project time and expense, job costing, and procurement ensures resources. Additional functionality includes:
- preventative maintenance
- crew management
- work orders
- business intelligence
The Cogsdale solution offers native support to store and search geocoded information. This is stored for all pieces of key information in the system such as equipment, assets, locations, and inventory. Cogsdale’s ability to interface with the existing GIS environment provides a powerful view of the utility’s infrastructure.
Cogsdale helps utilities automate human resource and payroll business processes with:
- Flexible customization options
- Integrated payroll to help staff handle complex and changing payroll requirements
- Self-service suite that allows staff to submit timecards, request time off and enter or update personal information online.
Customer Web empowers customers with 24/7 access to their account date. The portal provides real-time access to the CIS database to validate and complete registration. Customers logged into Customer Web can also:
- Look up balances or usage history
- Make payments
- Sign up for e-billing or pre-authorized payments
- Initiate service requests
- Use express-pay options
Cogsdale’s tools and reports provide the control needed to run and monitor every aspect of the organization. Cogsdale’s tools use industry standard technologies that make cross-referencing other applications easy, allowing organizations to perform analytics on the Cogsdale solution as well as other areas of the business.
Cogsdale API allows the utility to build real-time, cost effective integrations between the Cogsdale solution and other applications.
Cogsdale Cloud is a great SaaS solution for clients that prefer to outsource the administration of system hardware, software and security. Housed on Microsoft Azure world-class datacenters, Cogsdale Cloud provides municipal utilities of all sizes high performance and peace of mind, while enabling them to focus on their core business.
Billing and Collections News
Help customers engage with the utility in meaningful and productive ways.
Paducah wrapped up their strategic planning process, identifying several priorities and goals.