Our Partner for Cyber Liability Insurance
Insurance protection designed specifically for public power utilities with lower rates & broader terms for property, cyber, and employee benefits coverage
The benefits of the cyber insurance program for community-owned utilities include:
Protecting the utility from the potentially enormous financial and reputational risk of a data breach or system disruption through post cyber breach services.
- Claims Process Management
- Legal Services
- Computer Forensic Services
- Notification/Call Center Services
- Fraud Resolution Services
- Public Relations and Crisis Management Services
Quick and easy application process via a single-page form, and savings through negotiated group rates and terms
- $0 deductible available for entities with <$100m in revenues
- Purchase organized by joint action agency or state association
- Bundling cyber policies brokered by Marsh Wortham with the monitoring and vulnerability assessment services of Hometown’s cybersecurity partner N-Dimension Solutions
IMEA elected to carry the cyber liability insurance because it made the most financial sense for us versus taking the risk if there was an intrusion on the metering system. In addition, Moody’s and other investment rating services have now begun factoring in cyber liability exposure when issuing bond ratings.
— Kevin Gaden, President and CEO at Illinois Municipal Electric Agency
The Cyber Liability & Privacy Insurance Program for community-owned utilities covers liabilities and expenses in unique and innovative ways.
- Liability from a data breach in which customers’ or employees’/retirees personal information [e.g., Social Security, Medical Information or credit card numbers] are exposed or stolen
- Expenses associated with a data breach including notification costs, credit monitoring, and legal costs
- Costs associated with Regulatory Fines & Penalties (HIPPA, NERC, FERC, Payment Cards, etc.)
- Liability arising from erroneous website media content, as well as costs associated with data recovery, computer fraud, funds transfer loss, and cyber extortion
- Emergency access to professional services to handle data breach crisis management and limit reputational harm
- Free Cyber Risk Evaluation and Report
- 24/7 Cyber Incident Triage Hotline