Our Partner for Cyber Liability Insurance
The benefits of the cyber insurance program for community-owned utilities include:
Protecting the utility from the potentially enormous financial and reputational risk of a data breach or system disruption through post cyber breach services.
- Claims Process Management
- Legal Services
- Computer Forensic Services
- Notification/Call Center Services
- Fraud Resolution Services
- Public Relations and Crisis Management Services
Quick and easy application process via a single-page form, and savings through negotiated group rates and terms
- $0 deductible available for entities with <$100m in revenues
- Purchase organized by joint action agency or state association
- Bundling cyber policies brokered by Marsh Wortham with the monitoring and vulnerability assessment services of Hometown’s cybersecurity partner AESI, US, Inc.
The Cyber Liability & Privacy Insurance Program for community-owned utilities covers liabilities and expenses in unique and innovative ways.
- Liability from a data breach in which customers’ or employees’/retirees personal information [e.g., Social Security, Medical Information or credit card numbers] are exposed or stolen
- Expenses associated with a data breach including notification costs, credit monitoring, and legal costs
- Costs associated with Regulatory Fines & Penalties (HIPPA, NERC, FERC, Payment Cards, etc.)
- Liability arising from erroneous website media content, as well as costs associated with data recovery, computer fraud, funds transfer loss, and cyber extortion
- Emergency access to professional services to handle data breach crisis management and limit reputational harm
- Free Cyber Risk Evaluation and Report
- 24/7 Cyber Incident Triage Hotline
Cyber Liability Insurance News
Collecting cyber info in advance will make interviews more productive.
Follow the Action Plan for community-owned utilities and municipalities.
Single, affordable resource for cybersecurity assessment, program design, deployment, and maintenance.