Our Partner for EV Load Management and Electric Vehicle & Heat Pump Sales Growth
American Public Power Association award-winning Bring Your Own Charger® (BYOC) EV load management program is an off-peak charging incentive program that works with any make or model of EV, any charger type, for utilities with or without AMI meters. Because it does not use any load control hardware, this program can reach up to 80% of EVs in a utility territory, shift 95% of EV charging to off-peak night hours, and provide up to four times the total peak load at half the cost.
Heat pumps can reduce heating costs for residential customers and carbon dioxide (CO2) emissions compared to other heat sources, while providing a valuable revenue resource for utilities. Sagewell helps community-owned utilities maximize the value of heat pump deployments.
Sagewell identifies how many EVs are in the utility service area and provides real-world and real-time statistics to target load control efforts.
Sagewell uses SageSightSM analytics to keep up with the charging behavior of EV drivers in the service area, providing up-to-the-minute analytics on when people plug in their cars. Sagewell uses this information to create effective load management programs with large financial benefits.
Sagewell offers two options for EV load management success:
- Bring Your Own ChargerSM– Intelligent peak load management SaaS platform and off-peak charging incentive program for utilities with smart meters and AMI. The program offers significant cost savings over traditional load management programs and leverages existing smart meter investments.
- No hardware required; uses AMI meter data
- No installation
- 5 minute mobile phone enrollment process
- Works with any EV model and any EV charger
- Hardware-based load management using smart chargers and load controllers that make existing non-controllable chargers “smart.” Easy to implement load control technology for utilities without smart meter or AMI technologies.
EV marketing is the growth opportunity of the century for electric utilities, if done correctly. Sagewell provides first-rate program design and support for local programs, including marketing support, customer outreach, pre-negotiated deals with local dealers, website development, and more.
Marketing Support for EV and Heat Pump Programs
Sagewell’s detailed marketing program design and consulting for both heat pump and EVs includes:
- Sequencing of market entry, which segments to pursue and with what technology
- Success metrics, milestones and investment criteria
- Incentives, utility investments
- Marketing channels and partnerships
- Communication outreach
- Budgeting for marketing
EV Load Management & EV and Heat Pump Growth News
Register for 4 webinars taught by Sagewell, Hometown's strategic electrification partner.
State-Run marketing campaign may be better than cash rebate to promote EV adoption.
Protect your distribution system from damage caused by concentration of EV charging.