October 2, 2017
Public power employees are eligible to enroll in the Hometown Connections Voluntary Employee Benefits Program. Open enrollment runs from October 15, 2017, through December 31, 2017. This is an exclusive program developed for public power by Hometown Connections and Wortham Power Gen Insurance.
With very little cost to the utility, employees can choose to purchase additional coverage for:
- $2,000 annual maximum. No waiting periods.
- National network of participating providers including Wal-Mart, Costco, Target, Sears, JCPenney, and more
- Replacing portion of employee’s income should he/she become disabled from injury or illness
- Critical illness
- Helps employees offset financial impact of catastrophic illness
- Employees receive benefits to use for indirect, non-medical costs associated with cancer, such as lost wages and additional living expenses
- Hospital indemnity
- Helps employees offset larger financial exposure of their health insurance plan, including deductibles and co-insurance
- Helps employees meet out-of-pocket expenses and extra bills that follow an accidental injury
- Whole life insurance
- Protection beyond working years, potentially for lifetime. Guaranteed death benefit never decreases, level premiums never increase.
The benefits are 100% employee paid, with employer contribution strategies available. The program may be customized to fit employee’s needs.
Benefits for Members of the American Public Power Association
- Preferred pricing
- Guarantee Issue on products offered*
- No minimum participation required
- Policies are portable
- On-site enrollment
- Flexibility to mix and match
- No paperwork for utility
- Discount card for prescription services and medical costs
- Call center for support
- Benefits info and counseling for employees
- Benefits administration system
- Choice of one of the following:
- TELEMEDICINE–24-hour medical care support
- Additional AD&D insurance
- Identity Theft Protection
* Simplified underwriting for Whole Life